Sunday, May 2, 2010

Time... flies!

Is it embarrassing that I have not blogged in over a month? I admit that finding time to do so has not been a priority. However, it is needed now that I discovered there are people that actually read this...
End of March: I was released from my calling as a Gospel Doctrine teacher... and am now serving in the Relief Society presidency as 2nd counselor. I'm still learning, but so far, I have really enjoyed the change, even if I haven't realized the amount of responsibility it is.
April: I do not remember very much about April... other than studying more than ever before and trying to practice huge amounts of discipline as far as studying went. I did succeed in doing so though. My report card this semester was much more pleasing than expected.I purchased the most adorable black and tan, long-haired, miniature dachshund... and settled on the name Allie. I will publish more about her in my next post... there's just too much to say about her to condense her to one paragraph! I'm sufficed to say that she is the best baby. She slept through the whole night her first night, and continues to do so. Love. Best little baby dog ever.
When I began writing this post over a week ago, I had though to bring everything up to speed as if I had faithfully kept updating every week as I had done so initially... but, in honesty, I do not remember everything that has happened to me in the last month.

May has been splendid! Although the weather has been less than agreeable lately, I did manage to get a sunburn last week! It has turned into a very, very, very, very, very faint tan line. You know what this means? There's hope! I will not be a sickly pail person all my life. I am capable of gaining some sun color. It's just one of those small miracles that I am thoroughly thankful for.

Something else that's exciting about this month are the vacations that I am taking. Right now, I am sitting at Gate B7 waiting to board my flight to Denver for my lovely cousin, Danielle's wedding. She and her soon-to-be husband are probably one of the most adorable couples that I have ever seen, and are also a brilliant testament of how Destiny works upon us... well, we'll see about me...I'm wondering if it's selective against me.

and of course I'm joking. Life has been nothing but good to me!

In two weeks, I'll be driving my little self down to St. George to re-try the 5k thing. I'm really excited about this particular race though, because I am far more prepared as I have been running much, much more in anticipation! It will be at midnight under the full moon as well=all the makings of the best 2nd try to finish.

Other vacations that I would like to take? I would love to see Chicago again, California again, and maybe even revisit Denver after this trip, go see Mo and JD in TN, take a little Twilight tour of Washington and stay in Seattle, and then go somewhere like Hawaii, New York, and a lil bit of the beautiful Mexico... It will happen... there are always opportunities, you just have to take them. (Sad that's coming from me... Miss Miss-Opportunity-All-The-Time)

Not to worry, I am a changing person every day with everything that comes my way, and there is always time to do anything that you want to do in life. I've been one to learn how holding yourself back works. We are awesome beings that have so much potential... Why shy away from the newness of opportunities? Isn't this experience what I'm here for? So, again, I'm making a public statement so that I can hold myself accountable to everyone who reads this blog: I'm gonna getter done.

1 comment: