Saturday, March 20, 2010

If wishes were fishes...

Today, I had one of those experiences at one of those places when you look in the mirror and are just disgusted with what you see... and of course, every flaw on your body seems like it's magnified by every ray of light that passes over it... some things look stretched and fattened... and you can't help but feel self-conscious, even though you're by yourself, and become embarrassed for noticing? Where was I? ...You've guessed it... but no, not looking into one of those circus mirrors... I was in the Nordstrom dressing room today. Not a pretty site... in my eyes at least. That small glimpse made me wish so badly that I could change my appearance by my own will instantaneously. That every flaw be magicked away by mind power, and that I could look in the mirror and see what my definition of "healthy" and "desirable" was. To have clean, pure skin. To glow with a healthy sun-tan and not be so pale and blotchy looking. To have a body that could be featured on Fitness Magazine. To have a very chiseled facial bone-structure. So guess what... the "I wish" syndrome that I've just described is something that, I'm sure, everyone, at least every girl, has had in concern to body image at some point. So, although this small episode of depression in my self-esteem occurred today, I have developed a plan to bring endorphins in to play!

There was a time when I thought that running an entire mile with out getting winded afterward would be impossible for me. Today, I report that with Metabolife it IS POSSIBLE! Hooray for the S.O.O.S.A (Seriously Out Of Shape Asthmatic) aka Me. I have run three 15 minute miles this week, without the huff and puff at the end... ok, jogs, not runs, but... I AM proud! Although I must credit the bulk of stamina and energy to the Metabolife, I would definitely submit that new workout music is a strong factor as well. Never in my little mind did I imagine that I'd catch myself with a ridiculously large grin on my face while on a treadmill...twas absurd! This small start is the commencement of what I hope to be a life-long practice of good exercise habits that have not already been implemented into my life on a regular basis. The goal is to be in incredible shape when I'm 40, 50, 60... and how ever long I decided to stick around before sky-diving without a parachute. We're looking long-term here. Consider this post my public statement. No longer will I allow myself to become fat with wishes. After all, Grandpa had a saying: If wishes were fishes we'd all have a fry, and if horse-(poop) were biscuits we'd eat till we die!

1 comment:

  1. 4 things:
    1 i am following you :)
    2 i love your blog
    3 i LOVE your paintings
    and 4 i am proud of you for running!

    ReplyDelete